I was advised by Mark Billinghurst that you maybe able to help with the following questions:
1) What is the best lens size and focal length (etc.) to emulate human vision for small cameras placed in front of a HMD (I.e. to replicate see through mode)?
2) The field of view will be limited by the HMD, for example the glasstron, so is it best match the camera to this or that of typical human vision?
3) Can anyone suggest a suitable make/model and a supplier of a small camera (s-video) suitable for this job (URLs appreciated).
4) What resolution of image do you find optimum I.e. the balance between performance and image quality (which is limited by the display capabilities of the glasstron at 800*600)?
5) And finally does anyone use the Asus V7700 Deluxe graphics card for its s-video input/output capabilities and if so is it possible to display both to the monitor (SVGA) and the s-video out port at the same time?
Thank you all for you time.
Arup Research & Development (England)