Dear ARToolKit users,
We apologize if you received multiple copies of this announcement.
Please distribute it to those who might be interested.
The deadline is coming within a month!
*** Call for Papers
*** ISMAR 2006
*** 5th IEEE and ACM International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality
*** Oct 22-25, 2006, University of California at Santa Barbara
== ONLINE PAPER SUBMISSIONS DUE ==
== Monday, April 24, 9pm US Pacific Time Zone. ==
*** AIMS AND SCOPE
Mixed Reality (MR) and Augmented Reality (AR) allow the creation of
fascinating new types of user interfaces, and are beginning to show
significant impact on industry and society. The field is highly
interdisciplinary, bringing together computer vision, computer graphics,
user interfaces, human factors, wearable computing, mobile computing,
computer networks, displays, sensors, to name just some of the most
Since 1999, ISMAR is the premier forum in this vital field. This year we
are proud to present the 5th IEEE and ACM International Symposium on
Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR 2006). The symposium will be held on
Oct. 22-25, 2006, in sunny Santa Barbara, California, USA. We invite you
all to participate in this great event for the exchange of new ideas in
this exciting field!
*** CONFERENCE TOPICS ***
ISMAR05 invites submissions in the general field of Mixed and Augmented
Reality. Topics include, but are not limited to:
* personal MR/AR information systems
* industrial and military MR/AR applications
* medical MR/AR applications
* MR/AR for entertainment
* MR/AR for architecture
* MR/AR for art, cultural heritage, or education and training
* position and orientation tracking technology
* calibration methods
* sensor fusion
* vision-based registration and tracking
* acquisition of 3D scene descriptions
* wearable and mobile computing
* distributed and collaborative MR/AR
* display hardware
* performance issues (real-time approaches)
* interaction techniques for MR/AR
* collaborative MR/AR
* multimodal input and output
* real-time rendering
* photorealistic rendering
* object overlay and spatial layout techniques
* aural, haptic and olfactory augmentation
* mediated and diminished reality
* display and view management
* usability studies and experiments
* acceptance of MR/AR technology
* social implications
*** Paper Submissions ***
ISMAR is a high-quality conference with a competitive submission process.
In 2005, ISMAR accepted 22% of the papers submitted based on a rigorous
reviewing procedure with at least 4 independent experts providing
reviews, and a final decision made in a two-day committee meeting.
For this year, we will accept the following categories of submissions:
- Full-length papers are up to 10 pages long and are held to rigorous
standards of contribution and evaluation.
- Short papers are up to 4 pages in length and are reviewed through the
same process, but the expected amount of contribution is less due to
the shorter format. Typical examples are a small but neat technical
contribution or an application case study.
- Posters: Contributions are submitted as an extended abstract of up to
2 pages in length
Accepted full-length and short papers will be presented at the
conference. The allotted presentation time will depend upon the length
and content of the paper. Accepted papers and poster abstracts will be
published in the proceedings. Previously published work may not be
submitted, nor may the work be concurrently submitted to any other
conference or journal. Such papers will be rejected without review.
Reviews will be single blind (i.e., include authorship information with
the submitted paper.) Papers must be in English.
Authors may include supplementary materials (such as a video) with the
submission, and such materials are highly encouraged if they provide
evidence of the claimed contribution. The submission should include all
information necessary to evaluate the paper and must not ask reviewers
to go to web sites or other external information sources, since that may
jeopardize the anonymity of the reviewers.
If you have any further questions, contact (schmalstieg@i ................):
Hope to see you in Santa Barbara!
* Dieter Schmalstieg
* Ulrich Neumann
* Hirokazu Kato
ISMAR 2006 Program Co-Chairs
Graduate School of Engineering Science
Osaka University Phone: +81-6-6850-6381
Email: kato@s ................... Fax: +81-6-6850-6341