Supercockpit Home Page
- Beyers, D., "'Super Cockpit' Plans to Be Unveiled March 31," Air
Force Times. p. 32, Mar. 16, 1987.
- Blake, Andrew, "'Supercockpit' Appears Right on Target,"
Albuquerque Journal. p. 1, section B, Albuqerque, New Mexico, June
- Furness, T., "Fantastic Voyage," Popular Mechanics. Dec. 1986.
- Furness, T., "Harnessing Virtual Space," Keynote address, Society
for Information Display Intl. Symposium, May 23-27 1988.
- Furness, T., "Helmet-Display Reading Performance During Whole-Body
Vibration," Presentation, 52nd Annual Meeting of Aerospace Medical
Association, San Antonio, TX, May 4-7, 1981.
- Furness, T., "Helmet-Mounted Displays and Their Aerospace
Applications," National Aerospace Electronics Conference, Dayton,
OH, May 1969.
- Furness, T. and Kocian, D., "Putting Humans into Virtual Space,"
Proceedings of Society for Computer Simulation, Aerospace
Conference, Jan. 1986.
- Furness, T., "'Super Cockpit' Amplifies Pilot's Senses and
Actions," Government Computer News. August 15, 1988, pp. 76-77.
- Furness, T., Task, H., Verona, R., "Current Status and Performance
of Helmet-Mounted Displays," Presentation, Symposium on Night
Vision Devices and Displays, U.S. Army Night Vision Laboratory,
Ft. Belvoir, VG, Nov. 1974.
- Furness, T., "The Application of Head-Mounted Displays to Airborne
Reconnaissance and Weapon Delivery," Proceedings, Symposium for
Image Display and Recording, U.S. Air Force Avionics Laboratory,
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH, Technical Report TR-69-241, April 1969.
- Harvey, David, "VCASS: A Second Look At The Super Cockpit," Rotor
& Wing International. Vol. 21, pp. 32-33, 63, Jan. 8, 1987.
- Kocian, D., "VCASS: An Approach to Visual Simulation,"
Proceedings, IMAGE Conference, 1977, Williams AFB, AZ.
- Underwood, David, "VCASS: Beauty (and Combat Effectiveness) Is in
the Eye of the Beholder," Rotor & Wing International. Vol. 20, no.
3, pp. 72-73, 107, Feb., 1986.
Human Interface Technology Laboratory